Thursday, November 12, 2009

Game, set, match

Most of you who know me well (hell even if you don't know me that well) know that I have grown a serious love for the sport of tennis. Well this love has increased even more. I got to attend an ATP tennis tournament last weekend in Basel. It's only a 500 level tournament so it didn't have all of the top players but it did however have the number 1, Mr. Roger Federer.

I had bought a ticket for the final back in April so it was a long wait. I took the train to Basel on Saturday and decided to go and check out the stadium. As far as I knew the tickets were sold out, but after checking things out for a bit, I realized they still had some tickets. Of course I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see Federer play twice in one weekend and got a ticket. Before I went in I was walking around by the players entrance and who pulls up and gets out of the car.... Mirka Federer! I thought it was pretty cool anyways.

The semi-finals was Federer vs. Chiudinelli. Chiudinelli is also from Switzerland so it was a good match to watch. Here are some pics:





Federer ended up winning 7-6(7), 6-3. Novak Djokovich won the other semi-final (he's ranked #3 in the world and the second seeded player in the tournament).


Here are some pictures from the final. Unfortunately Federer didn't win the final (he won the the last 3 years), but there was some great tennis played. One game lasted almost 25 minutes long!! (normally about 2-5 minutes). It was absolutely awesome to see live tennis. I will definately be getting tickets to the tournament next year and hopefully a couple other tournaments in Europe.






Djokovich played a great game


Both of these guys have unreal serves. Watching them serve 200 km/h to exactly where they want is awesome.

See you next year Basel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment