Saturday, December 18, 2010

Week 20 & 21 Dec. 6-18, 2010

This week I got into refinishing some more parts. I spent about 3 days figuring out how to bevel all of the wheels for the AMS1 and W-01. It took a lot of patience and time under the microscope to get the wheels looking nice. Then I plated them rose gold. Now I have to wait because we don't have the right pinions for them. Hurry up and wait I guess...

Originals on the top, refinished on the bottom.



Here you can see the bevel made on the spokes and inner/outer rim. Doesn't look shiny or nice at all in these pictures but I didn't have the time or patience to try to get the lighting right for that...


Here is a bit better photo...


I also took some time to do some spotting and finishing on the AMS1 mainplate. It just took a while to figure out how to remove the milling marks. I found the best way was to use some diamond paper in the M1.



I didn't do much this past week as it was the last week of official school before holidays. Had some drinks a few times after school so not much accomplished. I'll do an update after I get something noteworthy done. Not sure when that might be yet... but Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment