Monday, September 14, 2009

Wait, wait

This is what I've been doing, this is what I've been doing...

I've basically been sitting in front of the lathe for the last 2 weeks straight and have gotten pretty decent at it. Just making some more tools.

This first one is a 3 toothed cutter. I have to finish the knurling part of it and also harden the steel. It is quite difficult to get those 3 little faces flat and even and to the right angles. Each end takes me a few days to complete. And of course there are tolerances to be aware of. All my measurements are within 2-3 hundredths of a millimeter.



This next one is a chamfering tool. I've done part of it but not enough worth taking pictures of.


This piece is a center punch. It's used to make a center point as a guide for when I drill into a piece.
















This last one is a polishing tool. It's about 180mm x 6mm x 2mm and is tapered to 0.5mm at the point. Took me about 3 hours and one painful cut on the finger.

I'll post more pictures as I complete more on these projects...

No comments:

Post a Comment