Thursday, September 17, 2009

Vid-yo

Just a quick video from today. This is basically what I do all day right now... and yeah that is the sound of the motor. Imagine 4 of those going at once and that's what it's like. That's why I like to listen to tunes. It also helps me focus. I was just turning a cylinder at 3.00 mm for a tool. I have to do only half at a time since the tool rest isn't wide enough to cover the 20.00 mm long I wanted. It's sort of dumb but you get used to it I guess.

If you can't see the video from your RSS reader go to the actual website...


And here are a few more photo's from the recent projects.








1 comment:

  1. Hi Aaron,
    What type of metals are you using? Do you temper it &/or remove the temper?

    I'm starting on making a knife right now and it's EXACTLY like what your doing! OK, well maybe not exactly. I started with a small axe file, heated it to cherry red and let it cool slowly in a pile of ashes. Then tonight I started to grind it down. After trying a couple of different things, I found the angle grinder I got from a Sarauer gift exchange at the BV was just the thing to remove steel quickly. (I'll have to thank your dad the next time I see him for not sticking to the $10 price limit for the gift exchange.) I only worked on it a few minutes though because an angle grinder at 11:45 pm is not good for relationships with either wives or neighbours. The knife I'm making is a "crooked knife", traditionally used to carve paddles.
    Cheers,
    Bryan

    ReplyDelete